[The following is by Paul Seymour, Managing Partner of TDV Offshore]
I worked for several years with Big 4 CPA firms in both the US and Saudi Arabia, and then spent many years as a multi-national corporate Controller and CFO in places like Florida, Riyadh, Abu Dhabi, Cairo, and Medellín. In my second, more free life, I’ve found satisfaction helping others better position themselves to avoid the onrushing financial catastrophe via variety of international strategies.
I’m constantly trying to remind people that if you can just not lose money over the course of the next two years, you’ll walk away a big winner. I truly feel for people who are convinced that they are quite safely invested in the US stock and/or bond markets, given the size of the asset bubble we increasingly confront.
Now more than ever, it’s crucial to be diversified in every way. Fortunately, TDV Offshore has a significant service to tell you about. For a very modest sum, one can diversify offshore.
Steps to be taken for asset protection
Move all of your money out of TBTF institutions with cash to deposits as low as 3%. The big problem now is that they may be too-big-to-bail-out. Can the Fed print another $8 trillion so the corrupt and sleazy bank execs can take $millions in bonuses as rewards for utter failure? No, it can’t. Does the FDIC have the funds to fulfill their promise of reimbursing you for your lost life savings. Think again. What’s the only alternative? Bail-in. Haircut. Whatever you choose to call it. You’ll be getting further ripped off, and frankly, if you have your money in a US or EU bank after all of the warnings, it’s what you deserve. I’ve recently been getting inquiries from US citizens in Japan, after that government started taking radical capital control and very privacy-invasive measures.
Move out of the US stock and bond markets. Just a few days ago, a new client went to Wells Fargo in order to transfer their money out to a safer bank in a privacy and due process respecting jurisdiction. She was badgered to no end by some bank employee who was sure he knew better about what his client should do with her money. She was first told that offshore banks were essentially fishy (with their cash to deposits of 70+%), and was then told that the US stock market was the safest place to be. That’s when you know your money is in the absolute wrong place. A similar story from a new client in Montreal too. I don’t need to tell you the potential huge downside of the US stock and bond markets right now, I hope. “Never lose money”, is Buffett’s number 1 piece of investment advice.
Avoid USD devaluation. Holding fiats in general isn’t a great feeling right now, but is somewhat forced upon us. When transferring offshore, not only will you have protection from confiscation without due process by rogue bureaucrats and nuisance lawsuits by sleazy lawyers, but you can also diversify into a basket of other fiats. As the USD has peaked, now is the time to get other currencies cheap.
Establish an LLC in a jurisdiction which still respects both personal privacy, and due process of law
We’ll set up an LLC in one such jurisdiction. Advantages are:
- The names of the actual owners, Ultimate Beneficial Owners (UBOs) are not made public record.
- Foreign judgments are not recognized. One would be required to sue you in the offshore jurisdiction. If a local judgment is awarded, the creditor will receive only a charging order.
- Where a foreign governmental authority, by means of expropriation, confiscation, coercion, force or duress or similar action; or by means of any confiscatory tax, assessment or other governmental charge, takes or seizes any shares or interest, the company may apply for a court decision ordering the company to disregard the attempted seizure and continue to respect the rights of the shareholder/member. In particular, the court may appoint a third-party trustee to hold the shares in the disputed company.
- Banking or fiscal information under any information-exchange agreements to any foreign parties merely on the grounds of suspected tax evasion is not allowed. A court order must be obtained by showing actual evidence in a local court.
- Only one director or shareholder/member is required for company formation.
- The shareholder(s)/members, and director(s) can be a natural person or a corporate body for added anonymity.
- There is no requirement to appoint a local shareholder, director nor member.
- Zero local taxation on revenues earned abroad, nor any financial reporting. Note these requirements pertain to the taxation/reporting requirements in the jurisdiction of formation. The establishment of a foreign corporation may actually increase required reporting in your home country, but not increase taxes due. We also offer US tax compliance services if you want to stay under one roof!
- These jurisdictions, now independent and sovereign, are primarily under English Common Law.
- There is no statutory requirement for meetings nor account filing. Shareholders may hold meetings at their discretion, and anywhere in the world, or elect not to.
- The time is coming when having all of your wealth denominated in the USD or the Euro, could effectively trap you in one of those freedom-hating jurisdictions. After establishing the legal umbrella of the LLC, we will then establish a bank account in the name of that LLC in a similar, yet separate jurisdiction.
Establish a bank account in a separate, but similar jurisdiction, under the umbrella of the LLC
In addition to similar laws not respecting foreign judgments, and not allowing the sharing of account information without a local court order, other advantages of the offshore account (no US nor EU branches/footprint) include:
- Can hold several currency accounts for one monthly maintenance fee.
- Can buy physical precious metals with storage in safe offshore jurisdiction.
- Can open a brokerage account in a similar, yet separate jurisdiction with access to 25+ foreign exchanges.
- Can open a forex trading account to gain access to any currency on the planet. Speculate in the Russian ruble or Argentine peso, for example,
- 70%+ cash to assets vs 3% at TBTF Banks in the US and Europe. No loans or investing in derivatives, therefore much safer, and no need to rely on bankrupt promises like FDIC.
In addition to the LLC and account, we will have delivered to you an international M/C ATM card so that you will have easy access to your funds. You can maintain the card balance in either GBP, EUR, AUD, ZAR or USD, and make ATM withdrawals worldwide in the local currency, in addition to making POS purchases with the M/C.
Our fee also includes apostille of the company documents, and mailing of same to you. We consider our clients to be lifetime, and as such remain available to answer questions into the future. As our client base continues to grow, so too does our ability to connect like-minded people to share ideas and discoveries in this rapidly changing world.
On that note, I’ll be up in Acapulco in a few weeks for the TDV Internationalization and Investment Summit. I suggest if you are serious about wanting to begin moving funds offshore that you attend the conference where myself, and many other experts, can spend time with you on the beach in beautiful Acapulco, planning your escape route.
If you’d like to get started with your internationalization process by moving at least a portion of your assets to safer banks in safer jurisdictions, just go to TDV Offshore and enter your email in the Contact Us form and we’ll get back to you quickly. Or, for more information you can also see this recent interview I did with Jeff Berwick.
Something to ponder – Blind obedience to the government is not patriotism. In fact, collaboration with recent regimes, which have systematically destroyed the freedoms provided by the Constitution, which they were sworn to defend, is tantamount to treason.
Originally Appeared At The Dollar Vigilante