18 comments on “This is why so many bankers are killing themselves recently. It has to do with self hatred and guilt.
  1. Andy Perry says:

The film ‘Soylent Green’ starts with a suicide/murder

Cue Charlton Heston:

Listen, listen to me!

Free Enterprise is PEOPLE!

LISTEN TO ME

SOON THEY WILL BE BREEDING US LIKE CATTLE!..

Cue music

Fade to black…

This is the relationship between capitalism and democracy

2. chris connor says:

Max, this is why I love you!

3. jogador says:

at least the guy that that wrote the letter isn’t doing it anymore, its people that regret allow me learn something, but, Jamie Dimon is still going doing it

even if there isn’t heaven, hell or whatever, its about respect!, its easy to choose from both ;), sometimes we can’t put everything in the same bag…

4. jambo says:

The voices in my head tell me i’m a banker and i tried to kill myself last night. theres blood all over my kitchen floor.

5. jambo says:

I’m in a good mood now because i’m drunk

6. jambo says:

My name is jamie which means i’m jamie dimon. so what exactly do you want me to stop doing?

7. Hondo Stalwart says:

Marcus Garvey said in the year 1937;

“We are going to emancipate ourselves from mental slavery because whilst others might free the body, none but ourselves can free the mind. Mind is your only ruler, sovereign. The man who is not able to develop and use his mind is bound to be the slave of the other man who uses his mind”

Keiser, put on a set of headphones,… Enjoy

8. Nico Naylor says:

You’re awesome Max! Keep it up and we will have our revolution!

9. Snorky says:

It takes a tidy sum of money to live in Kauai. So, this guy’s repentance/contrition/penitence is as fake as a 3 dollar bill.

By the way, isn’t this an old clip?

10. Jackie says:

Obama to “suicide” bankers…

If you like your life, you can keep your life:)

11. Danny Cunnington says:

Yes but the banksters killing themselves doesn’t really make sense. A more plausible explanation is that they knew too much and had some “help.”

Just like the so-called repentant broker living on a tropical island in the clip, these guys had easily enough wealth to quit and go live anywhere in the world they wanted and never have to work so why top yourself in some rainy shithole like London?

It would be naive to assume that there’s any honour amongst thieves or banksters. When the shit hits the fan the blame game begins and they all start singing like canaries to save their own necks. Dead people never blow whistles so call me a cynic if you like but millionaires killing themselves doesn’t really wash.

12. Danny Cunnington says:

@Jackie, “If you like your life you can keep your life” ….. Unless you are a whistleblower. There you go, I fixed it for you!

13. @Danny Cunnington – Deutsche Bank and JPM have the two biggest derivatives book in the world . . . many of those contracts will be with each other; about $70 trillion each; more than 100% of global GDP per year. The two who appear to have committed suicide were involved in risk management of these derivatives books. I have a friend who worked in forex trading and the bank each morning would tell them the entire capital base of the bank and they were to use that amount to speculate for the next 8 hours on forex. She said it was so stressful she could barely take it; you could lose tens of millions on one trade and she was constantly terrified of that responsibility. So, what I’m saying, is the stress can build up.

14. sad says:

2012-10-18

“The banker’s death last week is the fourth to have occurred at the top restaurant.”

15. sad says:

“The news that should have us all worried is: the derivatives market contains $700trn of these debts yet to implode.”

16. Danny Cunnington says:

@Stacy, Yes I’m sure such stress in a serious brain fryer. In the late 1980s I met “burn’t out 30 year olds” that had started trading at age 24 in London. Mostly they bugged out because they had the money to do so.

I had a Barbour jacket and a brick like Motorola mobile phone strapped to my belt in 1988. After six weeks of being constantly called at all hours and places including whilst trying to take a bath I needed a holiday from the dam phone!

All I’m saying is that in a major banking crisis certain high level people know too much. Of course this is only speculation but I personally find it hard to believe that people would kill themselves, if they had the means to jump on a plane and live anywhere they want.

17. jischinger says:

Everyone should have that same outrage over what these crooks have done.

the funny thing about Gene Bernett is I worked with him in another life. small worlds, great minds ;)