According to the US Fed. Financial analysts suggest it could be down to the Transaction Account Guarantee insurance program coming to an end on December 31 last year and clients moving their money that is no longer insured by the government.

11 comments on “US Federal Reserve is reporting a major deposit withdrawal from the nation’s bank accounts. The financial system hasn’t seen such a massive fund outflow since 9/11 attacks.
  1. James Brown says:

Whhhhaaat? In first? I would just like to say, seeing that this is my first time, a great ‘thank you’ to Team Keiser…maybe the end is *finally* drawing near…

2. ricecake says:

Where are the money go?

a) Into gold/silver and other metals?

2) Into the Stock market?

3) Into Real Estate / Housing?

4) Into shopping?

5) What else?

3. James Brown says:

Isn’t it obvious? They are all stuffing it under/into their mattresses…

4. MonsantoUSAbioterrorists says:

Ben CIA Laden comes back from the dead.

5. Bruce says:

If true, this suggests that (some of) the masses are waking up. We can’t have that, can we?

6. Bruce says:

Or perhaps it’s the Big Pharma payments and new iPad?

7. russ says:

The FDIC lowered its insurance from unlimited to $250,000 on January 1st. What else could be expected?

8. jane says:

Strange thing is that for the first time in decades, I’m doing the same thing. Really, my savings has finally disappeared. I’ve always been a good saver and never once in debt. The problem is that I’m helping family members deal with their financial needs. Members of my family are now in such need of food that if I wasn’t there for them, they’d go hungry. I can’t sell investments because I’m in gold stocks and my stocks are in red. All I can do now, is hope I don’t have to take losses. I will get paid on Friday, and once again try to have some left over, but doubt it. I’m starting to feel the emotional pain so badly that I can’t fall asleep. All the adults I’m helping, believe or not have jobs,

9. Specky4eyes says:

Jane made me think. It’s easy just to assume that withdrawals are a protest or down to a loss of confidence but much may be withdrawn for the very reason she states. There’s a lot of need out there and families help each other out. With banks demanding a minimum of 30% deposit from first time buyers in the UK the money has got to be coming from somewhere and it’s very probably mum and dads savings account.

10. MonsantoUSAbioterrorists says:

Its all Max Keiser’s and Stacy Herbert’s fault ! :)