12 comments on “Economist magazine: “To call Aaron Swartz gifted would be to miss the point. As far as the internet was concerned, he was the gift.”
  1. Noodles123 says:

The government did what they always do…Silence him…Either by assasination, slow economic bleeding or threats.

This genius kid who had bouts of depression was looking at a very long time in the federal pen…He panicked and took himself out…Figured it beat the sh*t he’d have to endure for the next 10-20 years.

His stance against the garbage that the obama administration is doing was his downfall…RIP Mr. Swartz.

Think you’re not on a list, a file, a government flagged site?…Think again…Problem for the feds is they can’t process all the info coming in daily…Soon enough they’ll have some super computer that will and one by one people will be forced to bow or not allowed to travel, have bank accounts, keep weapons, not have the state trying to take their kids, be audited non-stop etc etc.

Only way around it is if obama overplays his hand and scares his followers…Which incidently is happening…But does he care about laws, petitions, requests, propositions?…Probably even less than the last douche w.

Hope someone takes the kid’s spot as there are many followers waiting but very few leaders.

2. bbrebozo says:

Suicide? I don’t buy it. He clearly, was too smart for that.
    How come presidents never commit suicide? Because, they are too busy sucking dick!

3. Ilia says:

May I just mention that this guy was Jewish.

4. steve moyer says:

Take another look at SOPA. Who was behind it? That may be a clue if he was murdered. I suspect Hollywood.

5. Hondo Stalwart says:

Some people have a “madness for truth” Ilia. Rose colored glasses tend to besmirch the mastery of intelligence.

6. Andy B says:

@Max and Stacy
    Please keep up the Swartz posts.
    Notice Swartz’ article is most re-posted in Huff. Post right now.
    Enough awareness will lead to investigation into harassment/prosecutor over-reach on many levels, including vengence on whistle-blowers, I hope.

7. Spaniard says:

I second Andy B’s motion. I would never have gotten to know, never mind understood all the PIPA, SOPA, ACTA imperial assault without Aaron. What a brave man.

8. Mother Earth says:

It’s a sinister event. Push for renewable energy and the desperation will go away.

9. billg says:

Dave Winer: “He’s a young guy who likes to flame. He’s gotten a rep for being a software genius, but that’s mostly with lawyers, not software people. He’s a politician, and not a good one, and not a very nice person. He’s treated me like crap for years, and child or not, I’m tired of it, and I’m not taking it anymore. When he bites, I’m going to bite back, so watch out Aaron.”

10. Hegelian Dialectic says:

Good. Now we can finally take a fresh stab at killing the freedom of the interwebs.

11. Jeb says:

Academic protest, Anonymous retribution :-

12. Flopot says:

Decades behind bars? Depressive personality (apparently)? All the power of the corporatists out to get you?

I dunno if I would have had the strength to face incarceration. Scares the s**t out of me just thinking about it. IMO he was hounded to death and there is no murder conspiracy apart from the frickin’ HOUNDED TO DEATH part.