Speak the Truth to Power: Back Bill Black

Hi Stacy and Max. The video is ready for prime time:

The site too: http://backbillblack.com/

One week from now, I will be changing it to reflect that Obama or Romney is in power… but the need for Bill Black will remain.

Cheers,

Jaime

15 comments on “Speak the Truth to Power: Back Bill Black
  1. Tom-Tom says:

“It’s not too late.” I’d hope that you are right, but geez I heard that the anti GM food proposition (labeling) in California is now headed for possible defeat because the corporations advertized like heck and the good citizens of might decide we don’t want to know if it’s GM food or not.

Monsanto $7,115,237
    E.I. Dupont De Nemours & Co. $4,900,000
    PepsiCo, Inc. $2,145,400
    Dow AgroSciences $2,000,000
    Bayer Cropscience $2,000,000
    BASF Plant Science $2,000,000
    Syngenta Corporation $2,000,000
    Kraft Foods $1,950,500
    Coca-Cola North America $1,465,500
    Nestle USA $1,315,600
    ConAgra Foods $1,176,700
    General Mills $1,135,300

Corporate health care and getting more corporate. (Americans dying in the streets from diseases because we HAVE TO sell expensive unaffordable drugs unlike the cheap drugs available in Canada.) Corporate education (eliminating science) and getting more corporate. Corporate main stream journalism and getting more corporate. A corporate controlled congress and getting more corporate controlled. Copyright laws changed in favor of corporations. The corporate military sending young men and women off to be killed for the sake of corporate profits. And the corporate homeland security making tons of money and setting up a secret police force.

And anybody saying all of the above and who runs for a political office gets, tops, 2% of the vote.

2. YoLithos says:

Well. A successful song can be seen as a sort of natural self-replicating A.I. The personality template is “automatically” implemented as a self-replicating, self-adjusting part (subset, component) of people’s own vast and much more complex mind and personality, using existing routines and systems. Yes, “vast and much more complex mind and personality”. I’m still that great an illogically deluded optimist.
    I’d mention the possibility of “HF”-Bio but, the dark side out there might take it seriously. These are tragi-comedic times, we live in.

3. OlympiaLogger says:

The hootenanny kumbaya music dragged it down but that’s a really nice white-board animation.

4. jaime says:

YoLithos, I wasn’t keen on the hootenanny kumbaya music… It was originally going to be a country song. But I’m planning more. Stay tuned.

5. OlympiaLogger says:

@JAIME,
    Here’s one of mine… if you ever get swamped and need to farm anything out let me know. I post here a lot.

The original is 1920×1080 and even though it scaled down quite a bit and on a streaming server it might stutter on the first load. It’s just a draft for the client.

6. Washington, The Hamilton, October 6th. Donovan Concert to Celebrate his induction into The Rock Hall of Fame. (Ask Donovan to play his special songs about the Corrupt Narco-Traffic and Bent Drug Squad Police Officers!… Mention my name, and he might oblige?)

7. evolutis says:

@Alf … Thanks for links /

Often one does not know what to do.

Knowledge of what you do NOT want to do, can be to your advantage.

With shared knowledge as value, you always have data to mine … There is always more so you always have more value to share.

Mr. Black is a smart man but tries to work within the antiquated, monetary paradigm wherein knowledge takes a back seat to the god of money/politics … there is no accurate data to mine. As history presents, within that environment, all that is left is wrist slapping of predictable behavior deviates.

8. Yawp says:

@Tom-Tom
    …and they say regulation is a bad thing.

Max has said repeatedly that if you take away the fraud, there’s not much left which becomes a political problem for those wanting to get elected. The past couple generations are more than willing to take the disney theme park image of American capitalism to their grave, future generations be dammed.

9. Sirius Black says:

Bill Black for President bitchez!!

10. Hugh Beaumont says:

I know what “speak” means. I know what “truth” means, and I know what “power” means. But I don’t know what “Speak truth to power” means. It’s makes as little sense to me as the statement, “Speak lies to weakness”. Really. I have no idea what this means. Can someone elaborate, or reiterate or paraphrase? Excuse me – I need to talk treason to justice.

11. jaime says:

It means that we are drowning in propaganda in this country and most people in “the system” temper their message so as not to endanger their own opportunities. If you watch Max and Stacy you hear a lot of what does not get spoken to power. When you live in a kleptocracy, speaking “truth” to “power” can cost you your career and your future. Black is an expert on “career limiting gestures” because he speaks the truth to one and all.

12. Jayme says:

“When you live in a kleptocracy, speaking “truth” to “power” can cost you your career and your future.”

That describes jobs in general. We live in a culture of violence and provisional authority bent on the theft of the production of others.

13. Eric says:

@Hugh

… I don’t know what “Speak truth to power” means.

You must be a politician. /sarc

It precedes other attempted ways to communicate with psychopaths:
    “speaking tars and feathers to red coats”,
    “speaking guillotines to aristocrats”,
    “speaking woodchipper to a-holes.”

14. Bruce says:

Hugh, thanks for asking the question; I had no idea what it meant either, despite being a short sentence. A very short one.