BITCOIN CONFERENCE LONDON 2012

10 comments on “BITCOIN CONFERENCE LONDON 2012
  1. gold bullet says:

Is there any chance that there will be a live stream of this event? I would really like to have a chance to watch Stallman, Birgitta and Max talk about BTC.

2. Al Kyder says:

Cant wait to see what Birgitta has to say on this subject. Please KR keep us up to date on this

3. stacyherbert says:

@gold bullet – we may get both Birgitta and Stallman into the studio for a discussion; so we will broadcast you something

4. Max Power says:

I was not looking for this content at all, but it seems to widely known that BitCoin is a cesspit of bugs and bad design features. So, at best this conference is being done to gain a concensus on what needs debugged…

MK has been at similar conferences

5. Max Power says:

REISSUE : So, at best — this conference is being done (among other things) to gain a consensus on what needs debugged … but BC will neither hurt nor harm electronic currencies in the long run as it is clearly a step along the way.

6. gold bullet says:

@stacyherbert – That is excellent! :D I hope you manage to arrange it.

7. harry says:

Indeed, the bitcoin software is slow and the concept needs a rethink:
    Why synchronise all that nonsense for just my 0.03 BTC?

8. It’s plain and simple for me, I got into sound currency, Gold and Silver because I understood the meaning of real money versus the current paper ponzi scheme we now have.

So why in hell would i invest into something that is nothing, there’s no paper, there not Gold or Silver backing, there’s not even many places to exchange/use Bitcoins in the first place.

And then there’s the fact it’s made out of THIN AIR…well not exactly, it’s made by having your home computer solver puzzles/problems using your internet connection, DONT ask me what problems or who’s problems because that another mystery but what worries me the most is that TPTB could essentially hokk a massive computer of their own and start solving puzzles at enormous speeds which would essentailly flood the Bitcoin market with excessive fake money, but again that’s not really it’s biggest problem, it’s the NO Backing that gets to me!

I promote REAL money maybe if Bitcoin changes their mind and decides to back their computerized coins with some thing real like silver or food the maybe I’d consider it otherwise it’s just another fly-by night as we fall deeper into this Global depressions you’d better hope those SAME shops who now accept Bitcoins are still around as the economy dries up otherwise folks will be left with a bunch of useless fake money.

that’s my opinion on Bitcoins sorry if it’s not what some of you wanted to hear.

peace and prosperity
    CD

9. stacyherbert says:

@connectingdots – that’s the beauty of a free market; you are free to loathe and hate any currency you wish and relish and use those you prefer. The same with ideas and that’s what is mostly going to be discussed at the conference. And ideas are the most feared of all, I understand that you might not wish for others to exchange these ideas but that’s what they’ll do . . . until Sweden puts in a request for the extradition of all attendees!

10. I_Cant_Believe_Its_Just_a_Dip says:

@connectingdots, thanks for the ‘Cancer Report’, v good stuff and it probably effects everyone in some way or other-although not 100 yrs ago as pointed out, as there was virtually no cancer then of course.