On the Edge with Zeus Yiamouyiannis

21 comments on “On the Edge with Zeus Yiamouyiannis
  1. Youri Carma says:

Hedge funds bet against eurozone

Hedge fund managers make for unlikely supporters of François Hollande, the French socialist presidential candidate. But it is Mr Hollande’s potential victory in the coming second round of the French elections, and with it a sharp deterioration in sentiment surrounding France’s creditworthiness in the bond market, that many hedge funds are now anticipating.

Indeed, their bets against the bonds of “core” eurozone countries – not just France, but Germany and the Netherlands too – represent a new, deeper level of bearishness on the single currency area’s prospects.

Fund managers can write credit default swaps, a form of protection against default, for very little so-called “carry”, the cost of maintaining such a trade. “So much liquidity is being pumped in by central banks around the world – fundamentals be damned.”

2. MirrorMirror says:

Egon von Greyerz on Metallwoche: Keep your Gold outside the banking system!

I happen to like Egon’s interviews … his voice is very comfortable = easy to listen to.

3. MirrorMirror says:

Deek Jackson :

R U A GLOBAL WARMIST :lol:

5 mins.

4. MirrorMirror says:

The Mathematics of DNA

… uses CHECKSUM to detect and REPAIR errors !

Hopefully not an excuse to radiate us all to see if it works.

5. evolutis says:

@MirrorMirror … Thanks for the fascinating link …
    What if – TCAG = TPTB / ??

What? …. the majority still thinks it’s a half crazed band of oligarchs …Lol – ah well, this is the a pre-existent and inherent, unity of nature … 4 little base pairs computing, at the molecular level, making use of and acting on, dependable information and energy that the natural system provides. Modifying , exchanging, interchanging, replicating by splitting in new pairs, adapted to the interval… they need not know a thing about crude, artificial economic terms like your money, my money, your government, my government, your god, my god. Those are set aside, for perhaps the arrogance and essence, of what is to be human – as a citizen of the world/galaxy and why not the universe? I’m arrogant, optimistic about the future; an important valuable, person worthy of the respect of others. We could and should be free, willing, independent, self responsible human beings. I feel that my one and only “job” is to earn the trust and respect of those around me by taking the time and effort to solve problems as they present moment to moment. All this is really important to maintain my[our] needs for clean water, clean food, and high quality shelter. Do you think these powerful base pairs, give a rats’ ass about our fraudulent pastime?… They promote life, we are uniquely capable to mimic them.

6. Mark says:

Very good, Max.

I love that name, Zeus. I really enjoyed the part where he knocked on the door of student loans. You know, the very shame of that matter is that we should be sending our youth that have established themselves amongst their peers, through higher education systems. Why do the banks even have to be involved if one of our kids had an excellent reputation in the scholastic environoment and excelled at everything they did? Now it use to be that people could get scholarships and grants if they performed well in academia. Times have changed. Now, because unemployment rates are so high the banks have figured out a way to lend money to students who under the false belief that “I’ll have a great job when I get out of college!” are taking over a new wave of ripping people off.

Look, I have been saying this for years. We need to move into a bartering system as quickly as our local governments will permit. Each individual state should truly begin researching a currency policy away from the USD. If that bozo we have in office right now can continue to over-rule the Constitution, why can’t each soverign state over-rule it? What we need are leaders that understand this concept. Otherwise, we should just throw all the bozos in the Beltway out of office and replace them with real human beings. They are all a bunch of Ivy League Idiots that have screwed up the world. Bill Clinton got blow jobs from Monica, Hillary Clinton “Stood by her man,” George W. Bush assured Americans that WMD were existant in Iraq (and screwed that one up), Cheney was more concerned about progressing Halliburton than he was of the United States. However, he know George W. Bush was brainless. Now, we have Barack Obama. By the way, everyone should know by now that he is called something other than his true birth name.

The biggest fraud in American history is happening right before our eyes. We have a president that is not an American and is taking away the rights of all TRUE Americans. More people need to begin reading some of the writings of those whose prose are put on 321gold.com. They are not bullshitters. As well, Zerohedge.com should be considered by those that want to get the REAL news before the mass media distorts everything. How anybody can believe what the MSM reports, is beyond my understanding.

At any rate, it is always a pleasure to review your material. Keep up the good work.

Peacefully yours,

Mark

7. I_Cant_Believe_Its_Just_a_Dip says:

Satyajit Das calls it voodoo economics. Hey guys if you want a laugh read through this short out-take from an ongoing very English court case;
    …”Judge: MR ROGER HAYES is not a corporation.
    Me: Yes it is.
    Judge: No it isn’t, it is a PERSON.
    Me: A PERSON is a corporation.
    Judge No it isn’t.
    Me: Define person.
    Judge: I don’t have to.
    Me: Then let me do it for you sir. A PERSON is a corporation (NOTE: This is defined in a law dictionary) Sir, are you familiar with the Cestui Que Vie Act of 1666?”…

8. F. Beard says:

@Mirror^2,

Thanks for the DNA checksum link.

More evidence we were created.

Suck it Apocalypto! :)

9. I_Cant_Believe_Its_Just_a_Dip says:

@Beard of F, don’t see how that proves god at all, magic numbers and fractals and anti-chaos all show there is a hidden order to the universe and physicists love that. There are computer coding techniques using fractals that stand noise interferance very well and reconstruct themselves perfectly well already, all we are doing is copying what nature has done for a long long time. I am happy to see fractals on the DNA level-have always suspected they had something to do with life creation. What this means is life is inevitable-order will come from chaos and given the right conditions will start immediately. Antichaos rocks!!
    For example when the earth finally cooled after 1 billion years microorganisms appeared straight away(god preparing the way? certainly not in 7 days) its a misconception that the Cambrian explosion started life-it merely progressed to a more complex level. Quite the contrary this is yet more proof that there is no god. A refresher, my gentle godly bloggard…

10. Jayme says:

@MirrorMirror

Interesting. Perry Marshall’s comment for the Mathematics of DNA article describes several methods for DNA repair.

Cheating DNA Death: How an Extremophile Repairs Shattered Chromosomes

11. jarrollin says:

Dear Zeus, to quote The Talking Heads, “Stop making sense!”

12. jarrollin says:

@ I_C_B_I_J_A_D,
    you said; “Quite the contrary this is yet more proof that there is no god. A refresher, my gentle godly bloggard…”

I say: You’re only arguing against someone else’s conception of God to support this claim of atheism. You already have to be off on a literal tangent to create this argument. Something is missing here, and I’m not just talking about a sense of The Void — which, BTW, is a concept inherent to both science and religion

13. I_Cant_Believe_Its_Just_a_Dip says:

Jayme, those little buggers have been found growing next to piles in nuclear power stations and check this out, mould feeding on gamma rays, what a mad evolutionary step eh!
    Makes one wonder if there is life in space somewhere feeding on pulsars or something..
    ”increased in biomass and accumulated acetate faster in an environment in which the radiation level was 500 times higher than in the normal environment”

14. F. Beard says:

What this means is life is inevitable-order will come from chaos and given the right conditions will start immediately. I_Can’t_Believe?

The current scientific consensus is basically that life will form where ever liquid water and an energy source exists.

Well, it is estimated that billions of planets with such conditions exist in our galaxy.

Whar be the Aliens?

[crickets]

15. Jayme says:

@I_Cant_Believe_Its_Just_a_Dip

Life is pretty cool. The Andromeda Strain is an excellent classic Sci Fi story.

The Andromeda Strain 1971 original film trailer

Sulfur based life is another interesting form. Europa, one of Jupiter’s moons is a peculiar case at the moment. It may actually have gotten it’s life making material from another moon, Io.

Microbial Habitability of Icy Worlds

This is a new story on old information:

Astronomers find new planet capable of supporting life

I expect that a wide variety of living systems will be found and that most will not be intelligent as we think of intelligence. Life is generally assigned by definition. Personally, I expect everything is living in some sense and that the formal definition is simply an arbitrary starting point for reasoned discussion and conceptualization about the universe.

I’m not quite sure what this has to do with bankers and such. ;-)

16. Jayme says:

“Something is missing here, and I’m not just talking about a sense of The Void — which, BTW, is a concept inherent to both science and religion” – jarrollin

FWIW

The void creator (Religion) Part 8

17. I_Cant_Believe_Its_Just_a_Dip says:

@Jayme, the andromeda strain predicted energy gobbling life brilliantly of course. I thought only Europa was thought to have subsurface oceans-a fascinating moon system all told, all of them v different. Titan has some liquid gas on it’s surface and has giant droplets of ever so slow rain coming down-must be quite a sight to behold. Science fiction writers (even Asimov) predicted the number of planets as being very low was so wrong-they didn’t always get everything right lol.