But our present “state” is the dictatorship of evil. “Oh, we’ve known that for a long time,” I hear you object, “and it isn’t necessary to bring that to our attention again.” But, I ask you, if you know that, why do you not act, why do you allow these men who are in power to rob you step by step, openly and in secret, of one set of your rights after another, until one day nothing, nothing at all will be left but a mechanized state system presided over by criminals and fools?

Is your spirit already so crushed by abuse that you forget it is your right – or rather, your moral duty – to change this system? But if a man no longer can summon the strength to demand his rights, then it is absolutely certain that he will perish. We would deserve to be dispersed through the earth like dust before the wind if we do not muster our powers at this late hour and finally find the courage which, up to now, we have lacked. Do not hide your cowardice behind a cloak of expediency, for with every new day that you hesitate, failing to oppose this offspring of Hell, your guilt, as in a parabolic curve, grows higher and higher.

19 comments on “Is your spirit already so crushed by abuse that you forget it is your right – or rather, your moral duty – to change this system?
  1. the underfundedmentalist says:

a few things to try, before it all goes to hell;
    1. Stop paying your bills and start talking to your neighbors.
    2. Don’t let the media set the debate with their weapons of mass distraction.
    3. If local govt. isn’t working for your community create your own.
    4. Support/Start local businesses that support your community.
    5. Read, share ideas, or just talk to your fellow citizens.
    Until we make common our pursuit of happiness, we will bear the jackboot of financial tryanny on our collective neck!

Besides, none of us had any cash in our birthday suits,
    and there won’t be any cash in your coffin either, Ebenezer!

2. Mother Earth says:

Morality is a fiction. People are not moral, they try to balance their energies (effort vs. reward) to secure their vitality. The spectrum of good vs evil simply means how much others are included in the selfish identity that is doing the balancing. Stong people can have more developed ‘morality’.

Asking someone to be more moral is like asking a deaf person to listen more closely. ‘Morality’ can only be enhanced by incurring a cost for non compliance, or by people getting stronger. You’ll see that people that have unusually high moral values don’t actually do anything with it, they don’t fight the fight, so there’s no cost to their vitality. Kony 2012, We care a lot. Not.

3. Palantír says:

I’ve red books about Sophie and her brother Hans, I’m still in awe of how brave that act actually were. And how much it meant to the Germans in the aftermath. A great inspiration to follow.
    “We will not be silent. We are your bad conscience. The White Rose will not leave you in peace!”

4. Karen says:

The Scholl siblings, Christoph, and Alexander were indeed brave souls. For them to stand up to Hitler’s regime was incredibly courageous, and though it seemed that they have died in vain, they actually did not. God bless them.

5. BB Rebozo says:

Boy these times are getting weird! With all these presidential executive orders being signed that are against our Constitutional rights and against our Constitutional freedoms!

If pushed to the test, how many of us will be as brave as this woman and follow their conscience, rather than, only being concerned with the safety of their lives?

6. davem says:

Funny, but I was thinking about his subject today. I think I can now see how nazism flourished in Germany before and during the WW2. I could never understand how the people let it happen, I always imagined (stupidly) that this was some kind of evil on a national level, as though the people were hypnotised by the nazis. I can see now it’s all about fear and selfishness.

The same is happening here and now in the UK.
    I have a good friend, a good ‘moral’ person , who works for one of the big financial firms. he knows what’s going on, and he understands the fraud. Yet he always puts his family first, his buy2lets, his car, and his experience that he’s built up to get into his well paid job. Being ‘moral’ or honest would mean throwing it all away, and his wife is against it. He’s a good man, but he won’t go that far, he won’t sacrifice his job for principles. Very few would I think, they’d be laughed at for being foolish, irresponsible even if they have families.

And this is very worrying, because if these people remain silent, then the only bravery we’ll get is gangs of youths.

7. Jesse says:

You may have seen the new law in Georgia that makes civil disobedience and even peaceful protests a felony.

(APN) ATLANTA — SB 469, an anti-union and anti-protest bill, would turn nonviolent civil disobedience into a felony punishable by imprisonment for one year and a fine of ten thousand dollars for organizations and one thousand dollars for individuals. It also has provisions intended to weaken unions.

The bill was introduced by State Reps. Don Balfour (R-Snellville), Bill Hamrick (R-Carrollton), Bill Cowsert (R-Athens), and Ross Tolleson (R-Perry). All four Senators are members of an organization called the American Legislative Exchange Counsel (ALEC). ALEC bring corporations and lawmakers together to draft template legislation that is introduced in other states to change policy. ALEC claims to be nonpartisan but is funded by several right-wing thing tanks.

8. Flopot says:

@Jesse

We are witnessing the final takeover of the US by the Corporations. There is no pretence anymore. The same is happening in the UK. The lawmakers are openly handing over power and wealth to the corporations and banks.

@Mother Earth
    “Morality is a fiction. People are not moral, they try to balance their energies (effort vs. reward) to secure their vitality. ”

Morality is an action.

9. H.Lang says:

@davem
    Right, fear and selfishness.
    They were ultimate rebels against that.

Speaking of selfishness, the German prosecutor who filed the charges against them spend his life’s evenening peacefully under the watchful eyes of the Americans in South America and was a friend of then Co-South-American Klaus Barbie, who helped the CIA build up the South American death squads for Operation Condor, the Argentinian Junta, the Nicaragua Contras etc., before the French found him and demanded his extradition for his murders during WW2…

Every man dies alone.

10. OlympiaLogger says:

How is it the Amoral, the Immoral, the Corrupt, the Perverse and the Debauched see themselves as have a “Moral Obligation” !?!!

Weird as Hell !!!

11. Dpyan says:

Thanks for turning me on to Sophie Schull. Inspiring read…

12. Al Kyder says:

@ swell ..HI Hi

Namibia – Genocide and the second Reich (BBC Doco)

A hundred years ago, three quarters of the Herero people of the German colony of Namibia were killed, many in concentration camps.

Medical experiments, concentration camps, all there.

13. aaah says:

Hans and Sophie Scholl -2 of my favorite heroes of the 20th century.
    Moments before Hans and Sophie Scholl were beheaded they yelled,
    “Freedom!”
    Hitler had ordered the German high command to witness the execution.
    Colonel von Stauffenberg said that he was so moved by the bravery
    of the Scholls that he was inspired to plan Operation Valkyrie.
    Of course in the Hollywood version with Tom Cruise this historical
    fact is left out.
    The other point about the Scholl’s is that they never referred to Hitler
    in their phamphlets as a leader -they always used the term misleader.
    When the media especially the alternative media uses the common phrase
    “the leader of the free world -this always makes me cringe .
    If the media or alternative media was objective they would say
    -the misleader of the enslaved world.

14. Alf says:

“Because its the law….” There’s a line which has been abused throughout
    history and still is today. Moral integrity, principle and love…difficult
    qualities to achieve in today’s overly corrupt system based on greed and
    selfishness.

The Scholl’s were ask the morality question back in 1942 and in answering that
    question in the way they did, they reached the pinnacle of humanity.

Again…here today in 2012 fascists are forcing people to ask a moral question…
    I wonder if WE’LL show the same courage as the Scholl’s?…if we do the victory
    is ours, if we don’t…slavery and death.

15. Flopot says:

@HLang

“Every man dies alone.”

“We live, as we dream – alone”. However Conrad just might be wrong.

For example, humans have developed brain “thingies” called mirror neurons which seemingly allow us to learn from each other without actually engaging in similar actions, i.e. we play out another’s actions in our brains.

Then there is the theory of “state of mind” which is supposedly shown by the fact that children with autism cannot see from the point of view of another human.

These are just examples that humans are hardwired to understand and, dare I say it, empathise with other humans. Which is why sociopaths are so destructive – we are suckers for their charm because our instinct is towards empathy. We will always be surprised by betrayal.

The problem with natural selection is that the sociopaths are now in charge and their off-spring will continue to rule the roost.

16. Robert Mockan says:

Individually accepting anything precluding continuation means death.

17. Sylvia says:

@underfundedmentalist
    I do act as much as possible without loosing my job or my house. I go to as many protests as I can. If I was to behave violently and ‘rise up’ I would get arrested. Who would look after my daughter? If I stopped paying bills my house would be repossessed and I would have even less power and resources with which to act. I plan to start a rare seed business and am involved in my community and talking to people and spreading the word etc…I have quite a lot of success in making family members and friends understand our reality. I sign petitions, write to my MP, go down to support OccupyLSX. I don’t keep my money in the bank. I wonder what Stacy wants us to do?

18. Sylvia says:

I regularly repost Max and Stacy via twitter/facebook too btw. What else do I do?