Stacy Summary: This is the macabre and deadly embrace between religious fundamentalists in America and those in Israel. Many political leaders are followers of Leo Strauss and his belief that religion should be promoted by rulers to maintain the ignorance of the ruled. That leaves those of us with half a brain cell or free from childish superstitions sidelined to watch as all the ingredients for another dark ages descend upon us all.

Price tag: “Death to Christianity”, “Jesus was a son of a whore”, and “We will crucify you”

114 comments on “Price tag in Jerusalem: “Death to Christianity”, “Jesus was a son of a whore”, and “We will crucify you”
  1. F. Beard says:

the nun’s done an excellent job. Alf

Not really. If a Catholic Bishop (or even da Pope) wanted me to kiss his ring, I might put him in a headlock and give him a nooggie instead. :)

Or I might say: “Nice I suppose but I don’t go for jewelery myself.”

2. F. Beard says:

but it’s good to hear you’re admitting that you’ve been brainwashed. Apocalypto

It took me 20 years but I washed the Catholicism out too! And later Calvinism and Lutheranism and the Baptists too.

Now I just read the Bible and let that be my guide.

3. evolutis says:

*The “religious chocolate infidel” today’s choice i see
    @Al Kyder / Robert Mockan u both hit it out of the park … good stuff

4. Alf says:

@F Beard

“Not really. If a Catholic Bishop (or even da Pope) wanted me to kiss his ring, I might put him in a headlock and give him a nooggie instead”

Do these people compromise the word of the bible?

5. F. Beard says:

Do these people compromise the word of the bible? Alf

Just about all denominations do but the RCC is among the worst.

6. Alf says:

@F Beard
    I agree…I was labelled a catholic by my parents, I learnt about religious
    hypocrisy at a young age. The bible was used as a an excuse rather than
    a guidance on morality.

7. Astraea says:

I cannot think of anything much more disgusting than denigrating anothers relligion or spiritual feelings – feelings. If it is something in the heart of a man or woman, why hurt them – if they are not hurting you or trying to brainwash you?
    For them it is about the best things and about love and kindness and Beauty. Why denigrate that? Why?

Atheists are very boring and VERY ignorant people. If they are ever in real trouble I can bet you that they call on whatever they FEEL is God – or Goodness, Truth and Beauty. Truth and Beauty are the same thing. Ask the Buddha – inside you.

8. Apocalypto says:

@Astraea

Oh, get off your high h0rse!

Maybe you missed the part where religious people push and shove their ideology over the rest of us.

Maybe you missed the part where religious people start wars over their ” spiritual feelings”.

Maybe you missed the part where religious people HURT and sometimes outright KILL other people because of their religi0us beliefs.

Maybe you missed the part where people like F. Beard are constantly quoting the Bible, thereby dragging their religious beliefs into virtually every discussion, regardless of the subject matter. How is that not trying to brainwash other people?

You want “Truth”? Religions are a scam and they are a huge detriment to civilization. And please, do us the favor of acknowledging that religion and spirituality are mutually exclusive. You are at least that intelligent, aren’t you?

Religions have ravaged mankind and this world for centuries, and I, for one, have made the decision to speak up about it.

If you can’t handle the Truth, then get out of the way and let those of us with a brain and a stomach stand up and do so. In short, shut the fuck up.

9. kdt says:

middle eastern fertility cults are nasty bisness

10. evolutis says:

@Apocalypto … Exactly !! LOL

11. F. Beard says:

If F. Beard makes it a point to not bring up the Bible, I will stop bringing up religions. Apacolypto

12. Apocalypto says:

@F. Beard

“No can do. I will use every proper tool against the usury and counterfeiting cartel “Even if it hare-lips everybody on Bear Creek””

Fine. Then I will be here to remind you that your religion, and many other religions, are corrupt and cause evil to thrive in this world.

Let’s put a bottom lin on this: I should be able to peruse the Internet and read and discuss current events on sites like Max and Stacy’s without reading Bible quotes. Now, if someone wants to quote the Bible, and it’s in context with the ongoing discussions, then that’s fine, but in your case F. Beard, you are quoting the Bible on a consistent and constant basis, and it’s not in context, contrary to what you may personally believe, or at least it’s a huge stretch to state that it is in context.

One of the tricks that Bible thumpers like to use is to declare that – regardless of the subject matter – quoting the Bible is in context because there is always a way to bend and twist the discussion into some sort of religious framework.

This relates to brainwashing.

Now, the title of this thread is Price tag in Jerusalem: “Death to Christianity”, “Jesus was a son of a whore”, and “We will crucify you” and, admittedly, that clearly leaves it open to debate on religious issues, including the substance of the Bible. Everyone is free to offer their opinion on religion and dogma and acting like dogs within the context of the thread.

Once again, the bottom line is that Bible quotes have their place on the Internet (usually on religious sites – hey there’s a thought. Wouldn’t it be great it religious folks discussed religion on religious sites?!).

If a religious person (in this case a Christian) wants to go onto a site like Max and Stacy’s that has very little if anything to do with religion sbject-wise and post and pomp and spout and blather on about Bible quotes, then they have to be ready for any arguments that may run counter to their religious beliefs.

This is clearly a difficult concept for some people to understand.

Final comment then I’m done: F. Beard you state that you want to use “every proper tool against the usury and counterfeiting cartel ” you are stating that the Bible is a tool.
    How right you are.

I cannot help but think of Abraham Maslow’s quote:
    “It is tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail.”