10 comments on “Obama’s mistake: bailing out creditors instead of debtors assured a non-recovery and more pain
  1. F. Beard says:

Obama’s mistake: bailing out creditors instead of debtors assured a non-recovery and more pain Max

Now you’re talking! However Steve Keen advocates that everyone, including non-debtors, be bailed out.

2. BankThief says:

He shouldn’t have bailed out anyone because that’s CAPITALISM!

3. JonnyJames says:

When “capitalism” becomes criminality and kleptocracy; the victims of the crime ought to be compensated and the perpetrators of the crime ought to pay and be punished with long prison sentences (or worse).

Steve Keen was and still is right. Keen has been one of the most accurate economists in the world in recent years.

As Keen points out in his latest edition of Debunking Economics, “capitalism” as it has been explained to us via the dominant neoclassical theory, is a fairy-tale. Capitalism does not exist as the army of neoclassical “scholars” and pundits have explained it.

What we have here is a kleptocratic Mafia State, it aint neoclassical “capitalism” that’s fe’ sho’

4. Kevin Eshbach says:

5. Sandra says:

How You Can Legally Avoid Paying US Income Tax (Aaron Russo)

6. Sandra says:

Concerning the link below, I sourced it from a comment on the following forum

I think of particular interest is the comment on page 2 by fishing for shiny

7. hal10000 says:

@Kevin Eshbach
    “Obama’s biggest mistake is he only has book knowledge and no real world experience. (Being a senator does not count as real world experience either.)”

Speaking as a leftist, Obama isn’t even a Democrat. So, let’s just get this idea out that all criticism of Obama is coming from the right that most of the Obamabots assume in knee-jerk fashion. I had even tried to warn Democrats in 2008 before he scammed his way into the nomination using superdelegates. Now…

The idea that just because Obama doesn’t have “real world” experience doesn’t necessarily make it a bad thing. Robert Rubin, Hank Paulsen and Timothy Geithner had a lot of “real world” experience and Tim Geithner was a disaster in every single job he’s ever had.

The problem with Obama is that he is an empty suit that anyone can pour their wishes into if they have deep pockets. People voted for the carefully crafted myth of Obama and not the reality. They also constantly ignored all the “bundling” his Wall Street backers did for him yet somehow they continue this idea that most of his money came in $20.00 amounts from Joe Sixpack.

8. Kevin Eshbach says:

@hal10000

I am affiliated with neither party and I tried to warn people of Obama too. There is no way I can see how one person is going to go in and clean up such a huge organization with all of it’s little fiefdoms and this is coming from my corporate work experience.

>> The idea that just because Obama doesn’t have “real world” experience doesn’t
    >> necessarily make it a bad thing. Robert Rubin, Hank Paulsen and Timothy Geithner
    >> had a lot of “real world” experience and Tim Geithner was a disaster in every single
    >> job he’s ever had.

9. hal10000 says:

@Kevin Eshbach

“I agree real world experience does not guarantee success, but who would you choose? Somebody who had a chance to put book learning to use or somebody only schooled in academic theory? Remember you only have the person’s credentials and a short interview before having to make a decision.”

It’s a 50/50 chance. It’s our fault for allowing ourselves to be offered up so little in the way of choice.

It should really feel good each time I say “I told you so” whenever discussion of Obama arises but it’s an empty feeling. It’s just sad. Makes one wonder if we’re actually an intelligent species. Then you look at the mess in Europe and realize that we are highly overrated.

10. Kevin Eshbach says:

@hal10000

I don’t have the “I told you so” attitude but I was just trying to manage people expectations. With all the hype it was going to lead people to think Obama could walk on water and when the masses found it this was not true they are going to get angry and want somebody to blame and I do not want to be that person, because I did not fall for the hype and for the record I also told people McCain will run into the same issues as there is no easy solutions for decades of mis-management.

>> Makes one wonder if we’re actually an intelligent species.

IMHO we are an intelligent species it just depends on what you define as intelligent.