On the Edge with Paul Craig Roberts

We interview Paul Craig Roberts; here’s his latest blog post at his new site: The Dismal Economic Outlook For The New Year

27 comments on “On the Edge with Paul Craig Roberts
  1. JonnyJames says:

Yes! I was going to post Dr. PCR’s latest article that I just finished reading on globalresearch.ca but now he has his own site. Excellent. Great photo – it conveys the sense of grave seriousness of the situation we are faced with.

2. ronron says:

nice. i always like to listen to old soldiers. one of your finest guests. thanks.

3. ronron says:

@JJ. your last. sucker. :-)

4. ronron says:

gonna listen again, so don’t fucking bother me Tracy. where,s my fucking email update?

5. ronron says:

doodledoodledottadododa love it

6. Keehotee says:

The “father of Reaganomics” – now there’s someone you can trust.

7. JonnyJames says:

PCR explains things very carefully and it seemed like Max jumped to a conclusion that he never made. But Max did not have the benefit of reading Dr. PCR’s latest article. Max respectfully addressed him with his formal title “Dr.” I noticed the young chicks on RT call him “Paul”.

I felt like sending Lauren Lyster an e-mail saying something to the effect of ” while I love your show, you better show some fuckin respect for Dr. Roberts bitch”

8. alan says:

I really liked this episode, the only reason the US and Britain can print paper to pay their creditors is because of the military machine that backs them. This will carry them so far but the fall will be greater if they do not get in with a first strike to bring down the current system. The goal would be to destroy the infrastructure of likely competitors: particularly, China, Russia and Germany. The funny part is the US and Britain gave their skills and infrastructure, away. Well the bits that produced anything tangible.
    We need to get back to a position where groups (call the countries if you like) are self sufficient and responsible for themselves. Each under a political and economic system which best serves the interests of the majority. I do not feel it will happen, Human nature being what it is, the scum always floats to the top and plans are in place. But still, the greatest plans of mice and men do come unstuck.

9. Josh says:

PCR is good, but Max is better ;-)

10. ronron says:

@Tracy. you will be glad, i got the hula girl guitar fixed and playing. :-) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3GIQ86eu6c

11. stacyherbert says:

@ronron – I like listening to Dr. Roberts, too; he’s really nice as well, talking to him off camera is always a pleasure

@JonnyJames – they call him Paul? strange. There are some people, like Steve Keen who is a Dr. but that I feel comfortable calling him Steve; whereas PCR is Dr. Roberts, I couldn’t imagine calling him Paul; even when we talk to him off-camera, I call him Dr. Roberts

12. JonnyJames says:

@stacyherbert
    Sorry, I got mixed up it was this woman that I recall, not Lauren Lyster.

BTW “Debunking Economics” by Steve Keen is superb. I started reading it recently, my wife got it for me for Christmas. (afer seeing Max plug on on KR)

13. ronron says:

@Tracy. you live a cool life, it is talked about.

14. ronron says:

most important thing. people talking.

15. ronron says:

you heard about that Herbert girl? well let me tell you. ;-)

16. Youri Carma says:

Godamn that Paul Graig Roberts is GOooood!!!

But so is Max and I think the real dispute here is wether Bernankesan’s policy is deleberately weakening the dollar or not. I agree with Max for now but this needs some more investigation.

17. ronron says:

@Tracy. this is what there saying. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxVFgFDage0

18. Youri Carma says:

@stacyherbert

Yeah, that’s why I added ‘Dr.’ in the post I made on this forum http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=226121.0

19. gussy says:

I would like to see Max interview/have a crack at Nigel Farage.

20. JonnyJames says:

@Youri Carma
    There may be two points here that are not mutually exclusive. The US govt. wants to preserve what is left of USD reserve status at all costs. If the US cannot get adequate oil and other raw material priced in dollars, the jig is up and they know it.

There is a precarious balancing act in the “race to the bottom” of inflationary monetizing of debt. The dollar is de-based yet at the same time so is the euro. So it is the relative position of the fiat currencies here, if I understand it right that is at stake. And Max and Dr. Roberts agree that the euro is fundamentally more sound. The US govt. will do everything it can to prevent the euro or any other currency from replacing the dolllar in oil market etc.
    What I would say that the rogue US Empire Inc. and the massive air and sea power US still wields, will be responsible for some massive killing and destruction before the next constellation of great powers falls into place. We can just hope that it is not as bad as we expect.

21. BuelahMan says:

This is one of my favorite episodes. Excellent information and analysis.

22. Duncan says:

@JonnyJames :

Does RT hire anyone over the age of 19???

23. Bruce says:

Fantastic show.

24. gold bullet says:

@gussy

”I would like to see Max interview/have a crack at Nigel Farage.”

Yeah, me too.

Come on Max & Stacy, get Nigel Farage on one of your shows, I don’t care which one! :-)

25. ian james says:

MK and Dr PCR are still well-aligned in their opinions.

MK points to the big picture, the inevitable result of dollar debasement and the relative debasement of all other currencies in reactive musical chairs fashion. To state the obvious, this is a natural and spontaneous market force that attempts to maintain trade equilibrium between individual economies.

Dr. PCR does not disagree but simply points out that the US powerz, namely the Fed as the US dollar currency issuer, has to be careful (as f$%@) that it does not lose dollar hegemony in this process, as this would mean that it would be left without one of two chairs needed to plant its big ass in the next time the music stops.

At this point, the kids at the party, having over-eaten on hotdogs, cake and US bonds, would begin throwing-up en masse. The Fed would have no other option but to announce (with the US military standing in the background) “boys and girls, the musical chairs game is over and it’s time to move on to Pin the Tail on the Donkey.”

26. Sylvia says:

DCR actually uses the term ‘concentration camps’ without batting an eyelid. Anyone think this is significant?