When I was in London a few months ago – participating in the Cheviot Hard Money conference – the one question I got more than any other was, ‘Who is Jim Rickards and how can he say the things that he says.’ A) I was surprised by this – because I didn’t realize how widely Jim is listened to and B) I had been asking myself the same question since Rickards started popping up on Eric King’s show and other outlets. Jim Rickards – his background negotiating on behalf of the government for the LTCM bailout and the Iran hostage crisis of 1979 – gives him extremely high credibility when talking about issues pertaining to banks and (lack of) regulations. Furthermore, cross-checking his comments against my own knowledge and experience of the inner workings of banks and brokerages, I started to look forward to any new Jim Rickards interview that comes out – because, in my opinion, his analysis is virtually unimpeachable and extraordinarily insightful. Now, with this new interview where he names names – my unanswered questions about Jim Rickards are now being answered. Jim Rickards is taking on the banksters directly and starting to blow the whistle in a ‘soft’ way in his inimitable style, speaking parenthetically about fraud and criminality taking place in banks and brokerages around the world. His tone is soft and measured, his comments pack a wallop. And the more you know, the bigger these bombshells resonate.

WHO ON THIS LIST THREATENED JIM RICKARDS? SEND ME ANY INFORMATION YOU MIGHT HAVE ON THIS. THE SLA SHOULD TAKE NOTE: SWAP DEALERS ASSIST BANKS LIKE JPM IN HIDING THEIR NAKED SHORTS ON SILVER. BY EXPOSING THE TYRANT ON THIS LIST – WE TAKE A STEP CLOSER TO TRUE PRICE DISCOVERY ON SILVER (AND GOLD).

14 comments on “Jim Rickards receives threat from swaps ‘regulator’ ISDA when he mentions Naked Credit Default Swaps
  1. snoop diddy says:

DuPont at it again:
    New Herbicide Suspected in Tree Deaths

2. karate kid says:

should anybody be surprised
    to threaten people is another way of saying end game is here
    its your fault for speaking up
    not thiers for causeing the problom
    welcome to third world america!

3. Blah blah says:

It was interesting that he received this call after talking on BBC Radio4. I guess if you want to make an impact then you need to start sucking up to Auntie Beeb and get on her major outlets. I must admit it would be incredible to hear Max or Stacy on something like the Jeremy Vine Radio 2 morning show as one of the talking heads when a financial story is covered. It would be a hard audience to win over but they are the kind of people you want sitting up and taking notice.

4. flicks says:

Max will blow the health and safety fuses at aunty beeb

5. I don’t claim to know who Jim Rickards is. I do know that there is a consistent crew that is represented by King World News, the sound money GATA conferences. Here’s a link to my recent “An open letter to Jim Rickards” that brought some of these issues to the forefront.

Dave Harrison

6. zurn says:

“Oppressed” Libyans Rally For Gaddafi as NATO bombs civilians

The War On Democracy Blog

“If you’re afraid just put your head back in the sand”

7. Gordo says:

Jim Rickards gets away with anything he likes because all neo-CONS operate with impunity. He is not different.

8. I enjoy listening to Rickards , I don’t feel like he is BS’ing me or has a hidden agenda. Even though he thinks QE3 won’t be coming, he is still quite bullish on gold.

9. Goldman Sucks says:

@Gordo Rickards is a Neo-CON? Really? How does one draw that conclusion?

10. karl says:

Look for the zionist thats a clue

11. Sirius Black says:

Here’s the Jim Rickards interview on BBC Radio 4, dated June 21, 2011. Rickards comes in at about the 6:00 mark, only very briefly (I haven’t listened to the whole thing yet, maybe he comes back in later on.)

12. flicks says:

“Your suggestion that the minefield could never be cleared since there are no maps or regulators who know where the credit default swaps are planted is false. I would suggest that there is not a bank or an insurance company that has sold a credit default swap that doesn’t know exactly where the contract lies and the counter-parties thereto.”

The bank and the counter-parties yes but who else ? “Gary Gensler’s CFTC couldn’t do such a great job of covering for Goldman Sachs and JP Morgan if they didn’t know exactly what was at stake.”

Show us the citation/reference for the CFTC knowing this CDS information or ‘a great job’ is your only info ?

Sirius Black – pity I blocked the BBC from my PC they collect ip addresses and will no doubt use it as evidence against you (in the UK) if you have not paid their licence – I suse as hell will not at some future point .

13. farang says:

Been my experience when I smell a rotten fish…to check the head….