19 comments on ““It can end in default, failure to make delivery, and in sharply higher prices.”
  1. They Shoot Horses Dont they? says:

Giant locusts threaten NSW crops

A RARE, giant breed of locusts has the potential to destroy crops in NSW overnight, the State Government says.
    The spur-throated locusts is a mainly tropical species found in Queensland and the Northern Territory but warm and humid weather has drawn them into NSW.

Primary Industries Minister Steve Whan says the Government has a plan of attack to help northwestern NSW farmers control the largest outbreak in 40 years.

2. Jim says:

It will be interesting to see how the opposite spin will be on backwardation through those who discourage investment in PM.

3. Mike/Liverpool says:

Silver Down Max

4. Jack Pagan says:

I don’t know about anyone else, but I am so sick of watching the price of silver. I own a nice little stash of rounds and bars…the majority bought at $12.88. While I’ve done well I am just fatigued. Tired or researching, tired of watching…just tired! Get this over with already!!!!!

5. Danny Cunnington says:

I’m pretty sure that the comex is going to blow up. The hedge funds have smelt the blood in the water. All they need to do now is wait until the last week in February and aggressively buy the end of March delivery and then hold. This means they have to put up a billion but only for about four weeks. They will either get a cash settlement or delivery. Either way they will pull a cool 20% and the short holders will lose 200 million Dollars.

Of course if the short sellers are forced to settle in cash they will suffer “the emperor wears no clothes moment”. A FTD on the silver market will be really big news causing physical demand to skyrocket.

6. Mother Earth says:

In his first speech to the country, the new president of Egypt promised:

“not to commit myself to what I cannot implement, hide the truth from the people, or be lenient with corruption and disorder.”

Semantically that spells

1. not to commit myself to what I cannot implement
    2.hide the truth from the people or be lenient with corruption and disorder. (or both)

What a smart guy..

7. Mother Earth says:

@max

Why not start a daily gamble for silver on this site with a reward of a silver keiser..

8. Shed Boy says:

@Mother Earth…what new president? Egypt is under the rule of their Army, elections in Sept.

@Max Silver way down. In fact it looks like everything is down. WTF?!

9. Danny Cunnington says:

Look at the 30 day chart and than the year chart. Feb 11th 2010 $15.51. February high (so far), $30.31. Yes I guess these banksters are right. We’d be better off depositing our cash with them and getting less than a 4% gain than buying physical silver for a near 100% gain

Holding physical is primarily a core position. I only use long term savings which I know I don’t need anytime soon. Year on year is the only thing that counts. Unless you think that next December the price will be $32.00 (which virtually nobody does) you can’t lose over cash in the bank.

10. Wolferl says:

I knew it. Goddam MF Mubarak. Why the hell does he resign. Look at silver and gold going down. This bastard did that on purpose. ;-)

@ Mother

Since everyone here owns silver ounces we could bet on the the next days silver fixing in London. Every participant throws an ounce in the jackpot and the one who is closest takes it all. ;-)

11. JonnyJames says:

I agree with this article. Politics is not binary, it is not black and white. Two parties cannot represent the political spectrum. Everything in US politics has been reduced to sound-bite D/R, left/right, “liberal”/”conservative” false dichotomy.

I will take this a bit further:

In reality, the corporate media oligopoly (as well as many apologists for the D party on so-called “progressive” sties like FluffPost and Common Dreams) dictates the narrative, controls the debate. When Ron Paul and Dennis K. were sidelined in the last presidential election, that should have been clear.

“Conservative” corporate NWO shills like Beck, and the Faux news crowd are largely puppets of Murdoch and has little to do with news. CNN and the rest are little, if at all better. When elections come, the media oligopoly determines who will be known to the public and who will not.

In addition, the ridiculous circus that is called an election campaign takes 10s or even 100s of millions to run. The last presidential election was the most expensive in the history of the world. I have suggested that we should just auction off Senate seats, the Presidency etc. to the highest bidder – it woulld be more transparent that way.

In short, a two-party system, elected with an unfair winner takes all (first past the post) electoral system, requiring 100s of millions of dollars, stage-managed by the media oligopoly is a farce – an expensive mockery of democratic process. It is an incestuous relationship as the media makes huge money from unlimited political ads and they have no incentive to relinquish their stranglehold on the process.

When politicians are forced to raise such amounts of money, they must prositute themselves out and represent the interests of the money, not the people. They don’t have time to spend on reading, analyzing legislatiion, they spend most of their time “dialing for dollars”. In many cases the foxes guarding the henhouse write the legislation. The so-called representatives of the poeple do not represent anybody but the interests that fund them and write the legislation for them.

In short, US democracy is the world’s most expensive and sophisticated public relations exercise and has nothing to do with democracy. It has been labeled “Democracy Inc.” even by the likes of ivory tower academics like Sheldon Wolin and others.

Perhaps when the next crash comes we can build a better system. I don’t expect Utopia, I just would like to see a system that is not rotten and corrupt to the core.

We don’t have democratic choice to begin with.

12. JonnyJames says:

Sorry I posted the above on the wrong article. I must be dyslexic.

13. Zorro / London says:

■Silver Bullion Backwardation Suggests Supply Stress

“Stress!”….. have you any idea how anxious I am waiting for $500 silver.
    Dont talk to me about stress!

14. wtf says:

More Keiser bombast!

15. wtf says:

Hosni Mubarrak goes into the night!

16. Giel says:

17. dlweld says:

“After forcing a Dutch pesionfund to sell its physical gold, the goverment ruled that Dutch citizens cann’t open a Goldmoney account.”

Ironic isn’t it – up and coming China is doing everything it can to have its citizens own gold – meanwhile the Netherlands does the opposite. Only their wooden shoes will keep them afloat if this goes on…

18. Harry says:

@Giel: source for the goldmoney story?

19. Richard says:

I use a couple of odd indicators for where we are headed.

Monopoly (The Game): When ‘baby boomers’ started playing Monopoly everyone started with $ 1,500. The starting funds now are that times 10,000, i.e.; $ 15 million. I think ‘The Bernank’ and the Fed are using this to determine how much QE they need. Oh, and Pass Go for $ 200 – it is also 10,000x at $ $2,000,000.
    US currency is almost as ‘FUNNY’ as Monopoly’s play-money.

$ 1000 US bills: I understand a $ million would stack(compressed) to approx. 4 inches; therefore our national debt of approx. $ 14 Trillion would stack to the amazing height of almost 950 miles and our unfunded liability of about $ 200 Trillion goes to more than 13,500 miles. The good news from a planetary perspective is that this pile of s?#! can’t get to the moon yet???

US fiat money supply: A troy ounce of $ 100 bills is more than two times the value of an ounce of Gold. Wow!! But with the price of cotton so high now, I am guessing the intrinsic value of our fiat currency should be nudging up a least a few mils of a cent.