Bloomberg: In a rare move, Goldman is planning to create a “special purpose vehicle” to allow its high-net worth clients to invest in Facebook. While the S.E.C. requires companies with more than 499 investors to disclose their financial results to the public, Goldman’s proposed special purpose vehicle may be able get around such a rule because it would be managed by Goldman and considered just one investor, even though it could conceivably be pooling investments from thousands of clients.

It is unclear whether the S.E.C. will look favorably upon the arrangement.

MK: Facebook runs on* a public utility – paid for by the public. To create a multi-hundred billion dollar enterprise outside of the public markets – only to go public with an IPO when 99% of the easy reward has been realized by insiders and their friends – so that passive pension funds (the public) can assume 99% of the risk going forward – is clearly not in the public’s interest. Goldman Sachs, and the rest of Wall St., who have captured the SEC and various regulatory parts of Washington, are openly engaged in racketeering – with the creation of the Facebook Special Purpose Entity (SPE) offering. You may remember SPE’s from the Enron collapse. This is a glaring example of Wall St. simply rewriting laws or inventing new laws on the spot for the convenience of bypassing the public’s interest.

*pre anti net-neutrality legislation that will privatize the Internet

. . . leading to:

Will 2011 Become 1848?

Violence erupted throughout Europe in 1848, a time that was later dubbed the “year of revolution.” Though the motives and perpetrators varied from country to country and even from region to region, the frequently violent protests sought major changes in the status quo, to include political emancipation and economic reform.

MK: The Goldman Facebook SPE criminal fraud – keeping thousands of their clients quiet with this carrot who might otherwise be more politically active to support reform of Wall St. – hoping to get a piece of the facebook deal to remain silent – is effectively holding the political process hostage (combined with other such deals) and widening the wealth and income gap that is the root cause for the global trend toward social unrest. Had the insolvent Goldman Sachs and JP Morgan been allowed to fail in 2008 – an event that would have caused no unmanageable financial problems at all (contrary to the propagandized belief that the world would end) – much of the stranglehold Wall St. has over Washington would have been destroyed. Keeping these parasites alive – has only increased the size of tapeworm in America’s belly and made the job of reform fall upon the mob and the Silver vigilantes.

27 comments on “Goldman decides to rewrite security laws for fun, profit, Facebook insiders and clients
  1. chino says:

facebookless for 1+ years! i’m free

2. chino says:

wishful thinking on my part, they probably have my shit on lockdown to haunt me for many years to come! Hmm, i wonder if wikileaks have any lowdown on FB corp. ?

3. will says:

Remember CROCS????

What can the lifespan of this thing actually be.

4. Bulldog says:

Ahem…anyone notice $31 Silver today or what?

5. swell says:

I find this post gripping. I find this post compelling. I have been reading all about this for several hours now and still cannot wrap my head around it. What I do get, is that this is a huge power play .

6. Youri Carma says:

“Facebook also surpassed Google as the most visited Web site in 2010″ Meaning: People are suckerz. They don’t search anything but rather babble around on facebook which also sucks.

Youtube sucks even more. If somebody is able to make somtin better they will disapear like they’ve come into existance.

Tthe WWW is a very temporary place were things come and go to be replaced by somthing better.

7. Youri Carma says:

Mainstream Press Journalism of Appeasement, Corruption, Smoke and Mirrors http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article25258.html

Here’s a list of stats that I am sure you are already extremely sick of hearing, what we have already passively accepted as “the new normal,” some new ALL-TIME RECORDS for you:

# 3 million families foreclosed upon;
    # 30 million people in need of employment;
    # 43 million people on food stamps;
    # 52 million people in poverty;
    # 59 million people without healthcare;
    # 239 million living paycheck to paycheck;
    # $144 billion in Wall Street bonuses;
    # $13 Trillion in investible wealth within 1% of US population.

Ask yourself this question: How sick and depraved of a society do you have to live in to get an outcome like this?

8. Tamir says:

OK, has the united stated gone absolutely out of its mind?
    WTF is this!?!!?!?!?!
    WTF is going on here?!?!?!
    Sorry for being a little upset after this.
    No match for the wrath of Mark Authier, though :-)

9. Alister says:

^_-

10. swell says:

One reason I’m confused, is that this wasn’t preceded and accompanied by the usual and standard diversionary tactics that so consistently and accurately telegraph and reveal a major dirty deed about to go down.

11. Alister says:

its funny, 2 years ago at uni i wrote in a paper that what gs basically descirbes has to happen, either orderly or not … more interestingly, check out GSs interview with Google Man Schmidt .. funky stuff

12. JayD says:

THE MADNESS OF A LOST SOCIETY 2 : FINAL WARNINGS

Max has posted this man before. He makes excellent videos. SGTbull07

13. huma says:

Yeahhhhh… Welcome to Wall Street.

I’m sorry. I just don’t see any additional evil lurking here. GS is a day late and a dollar short to the Facebook game. Have you seen the movie ‘The SocialNetwork’? These shares have been changing hands privately for years now. And let’s face it – The NYSE and NASDAQ are zero sum games. After the IPO, the stock market is all about the redistribution of capital from main street to Wall street.

As a matter of fact, I have a revolutionary ‘Ask Charles’ SPV idea that would As a matter of fact, I have a revolutionary ‘Ask Charles’ SPV idea that would make main street investors participant in a Wall Street elite game. As much as I like Clair’s stick people Powerpoint (?) presentation, I’ve got to get out of this trailer! :)

14. Youri Carma says:

Local news station confirms barium in chemtrails http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okB-489l6MI

The insider: chemtrails KC-10 sprayer air to air – The proof http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSSWnXQsgOU

History Channel Documentary Validates Chemtrails and Weather Warfare Airs July25 4pm http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3gKa0z7rjM

15. swell says:

Still, I’m already eager to hear Alex Jones and his coterie deconstruct this.

16. Marc Authier says:

Facebook has changed its name to Blankfienbook.

17. huma says:

@swell
    >>Still, I’m already eager to hear Alex Jones and his coterie deconstruct this.<<

Hahaha.. This is deep blue conspiracy chytt.

18. huma says:

Only a fool would put all their personal details on facebook! Especially when you have that idiot kid owner saying there’s no more anonymity on the net. Boy, that’s one way to kill dissent. Has anybody seen the newsfeed thingy on facebook!? You fart and all your friends hear about it.

19. jischinger says:

I’m starting to have second thoughts about all of this…

I mean I know what’s right and wrong, but there seems to be so few who actually care. I feel like I’m surrounded by people, but still in the middle of no where, there’s little to no support. I’ve meet some people who seems interest in good government and ever a few who actually believe Obama has been corrupted and they voted for him. They seem aware, interested, but not willing to do anything about it. Old friends read and look at my efforts, smile then shrug and I’m beginning to wonder if they are avoiding me. I realize what’s going on is overwhelming for most people, but it feels like swimming upstream.

Then I was watching Alex Jones and I started to feel a little paranoid, thinking maybe I should delete anything that might be viewed as subversive, controversial and after watching an hour of that I wondered, how do you beat these guys, and in light of all of the above I’m wondering, why even bother?

20. Nick Cook says:

Me too , left facebook a year ago, never looked back. Interestingly when I tried recently to open a facebook account in the name of anti banker, I was told I was not suitable for signing up. It’s really just a big data collection agency, that I want no part of.

21. MEJanssen says:

Mainstream financial news analysis of this deal shows the pundits are dithering – should Facebook disclose its finances or not? Will Goldman be able to “get around” the SEC rules or not?

22. John Q Public says:

Facebook what is their revenue stream? Oh yeah Farmville and selling private data…
    Another Goofy fade that just as fast could be gone the way of the buffalo Valued at 11.5 Billion. I remember Myspace was bigger before now taking quarterly write downs.
    This is a crazy speculation valued company.,,,,, Goldman Put a lot of money in it. I wonder what a campain we could do on Facebook. Did you hear they are trying to copyright the word “Face”……LOL

23. ronron says:

boycott facebook.

24. daddy warbucks says:

so why keep using facebook…….?