Stacy Summary: I thought Russia was supposed to be the big beneficiary of global warming? The last two articles really go hand in hand in demonstrating the dangers of command and control, corrupt government statistics meant to trick the bond market and make the consumer (formerly known as citizen) feel better about shopping. And note that the US is the only developed nation to hedonically adjust their GDP numbers and yet over and over analysts and also the citizens of the US believe that because their GDP numbers, as stated, are higher than the rest of the world, they are the BEST!
- Russia’s wildfires have gotten so bad, Putin has been put in charge (BusinessInsider)
- Wildfires break out in Los Angeles (BusinessInsider)
- Japan: Land of the Rising Debt (ZeroHedge)
- Debunking the notion that unions hurt productivity (Naked Capitalism, summer rerun of 2007 article)
- Karl Denninger’s charts demonstrate massive delusional reporting of GDP numbers in US